Sunday, August 15, 2010

Allana's First Talk

Today Allana gave her first talk. She is 4 1/2 and didn't even need my help. She got up to the microphone with a beaming smile and a 3x5 index card with some picture reminders of her talk (and a few words). She did beautifully:

"Jesus Christ is the Savior and he is a God of miracles. My cousin Keith was in an accident and he was hurt really badly. The priesthood gave him a blessing. The doctors said it was a miracle that Keith was still alive. I know that Jesus blesses us....blesses us with miracles. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

I wish I had her speaking abilities! The greatest part about watching the sunbeams do the opening exercises is how huge their smile is when they are finished. You can tell that they are extremely pleased with themselves because of what they have just accomplished. After I give a talk I am relieved to be finished, but I probably spend the most time analyzing what I could have done better. How nice would it be for us to actually give ourselves a pat on the back and just to be content and happy with knowing we did our very best?

To add even more awe to how well she did... she was up until past midnight last night because she helped us clean-up from the reception. What a trooper. Here is the clean-up crew from Kristie's reception last night:





No comments:

Post a Comment