After lunch today Allana and Corinne started to play together in the living room. As they played I started preparing some of the food for dinner. I could hear them pretending to be camping... as I listened I could tell that Allana was taking on the role of "mom"... "Corinne, do you want to lose your phone? Then you have to find a safe spot for it..... Okay Corinne, you can only text for a few minutes and then you need to go to bed."
When it was time to lay then down for nap I told them to go get books and I would read to them. "I am reading to Corinne." Allana announced. Allana had Corinne follow her to their bedroom, they picked out some books, and crawled into bed together and Allana told Corinne the stories. I sat down and nursed Gideon while Allana changed Corinne's diaper, helped her brush her teeth and then they laid back down in bed to read again.
The result...
I should let Allana play "mom" more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment