We ran out of diapers completely, so this morning when Andy changed Corinne we put her in a diaper doubler (kind of like a maxi pad) and a pair of Allana's underwear. After she wet in our diaper creation, I took her diaper off and then ran downstairs to switch the load of laundry from the washer to the dryer. As a mother I have to multi-task, right? and it was only going to take me a second to switch the laundry.. I was going to run back up and find something for Corinne to wear for a diaper as soon as I was done...
...As I began switching the loads I heard Allana frantically yelling, "MOTHER! MOTHER! There's poop on my floor! MOTHER! MOTHER! There's poop on my floor!" I ran back upstairs and took Corinne to the toilet. She did not want to be there, so after I wiped her bottom I took her with me to the bedroom to see the damage. Luckily the poop was just the right consistency that it stayed perfectly in a cylindrical shape, and didn't plop onto the carpet. I picked up the poop with some toilet paper and carried Corinne with me to the toilet explaining that poop belongs in the toilet. Then I said "Goodbye poop!" as I put it in the toilet and flushed it. Corinne waved to the poop and then as it flushed out of sight she blew a kiss too.
Since we were out of diapers this time Corinne ended up in a pull-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment