Monday, January 12, 2009

Heavenly Father Please...

Allana was looking for her dance leotard (the one Baylee handed down that Allana must wear to dance at least 3 times a week) and the leotard was not on the hanger where it usually is.

"Where are my dance clothes?" Allana asked seriously.

"I don't know, Allana. Where did you put it after you wore it last?"

I went back to getting Corinne dressed for the day. Then I realized what a traumatic dilemma this was to Allana as I saw her throw herself onto the ground, kneeling and grasping her hands together. She squinted her eyes shut and said an urgent prayer. "Heavenly Father, I can't find my dance clothes. Heavenly Father will you please find my dance clothes for me? In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

I guess she just needed Heavenly Father's help to get me to realize that this was super important to her. I dug her leotard out of her hamper and gave it to her to wear. She was really excited to have found it. I suggested that she say a prayer to thank Heavenly Father for his help. She got right down on her knees and prayed, "Heavenly Father thanks for finding my dance clothes for me! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment